Education is an important aspect of any human development both from the social-emotional and intellectual aspects. While its important, being a busy mum who is mostly at work, I definitely do not belong to the group of mummies who are fast enough to register their kids at St James kindergarten when they were days or weeks old. This is in contradiction to my profile as a natural planner. Anyway, to cut the long story much much shorter, when I realised that many of the mummies in the forum have already registered for their children born in 2009, it dawned upon me that my girl is born in 2008, even though she is born on the last day of the year. She needs to have a school. This kicked off a series of telephone calls to a few schools that I was keen to register both kids.
I know the chances of me getting places for both kids in my preferred schools are limited but God is good. Chiltern House has a place for Ashton immediately for the Mountbatten branch. I was extremely pleased!!!! The next thing to do is to book the school bus, easy, so it seemed. I quickly called the handphone number that I was given. The next piece of information that I received thrown all the earlier excitment off...sigh, they do not ply the route to serangoon gardens/YCK area but they can take Tampines. What an irony!!! CH was really nice, they told me they would call a few more school bus operators and let me know. In the meantime, I called Pats. I can't believe my good fortune, they are full but a boy from the full day class is transferring out to an international school and there would be a place starting term3 or latest by September. WOW!!! Wasted no time, they would send me application form and after that we would visit the school with Ashton and pay the deposit.
We arranged to bring Ashton to Pats the following week. He loved the environment. Me too! The principal Ms Wee is friendly and all the kids seem to like her. While the school can pretend, the kids can't right? I like what I saw unlike Kinderland YCK which was eeriely quiet for a school that huge and children are fearful of the principal. Not the kind of environment I want my children to be in. I want them to be confident and happy, like every mummy :)
So, one thing led to another, both Ashton and Ashley will be attending Pats. Looking forward to them learning and growing with Pats.



No comments:
Post a Comment