Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Second Road Trip - Desaru April 16

Hurray! We are on the road again! This time its to Desaru. Have been really busy at work and both Papa and I were looking forward to a short break. And Desaru scored well for being near - 1.5hr drive from Singapore and cheap golf : )

It was a really relaxing trip! Papa and Bern played golf while Pat and I were kept busy minding the kids. After we arrived in the late morning, our first stop after checking into Pulai Desaru Beach Resort was to go for early lunch. Bern and Papa joined us for a while and went off for their game, while Pat and I had leisurely lunch with the kids. After lunch, we headed back to our rooms to change into swimming gear and hit the pool!

I was expecting the kids to love the water like they did when they were at home but disappointingly, they didn't. It was nap time for Ashley and she fussed a lot. Ashton was also fearful of the water and refused to let me support his tummy so that he could straighten his body and kicked. While I was disappointed, I respected Ashton's fear of water. Never mind, Mummy will try harder next time.

We waited for the two Papas to come back, freshen up and headed out for dinner. As we had fireflies excusion at 8pm, we could not drive out for seafood dinner. While it was kind of pathetic to have dinner at the hotel, its the great company that count!


The fireflies excusion was something new to the kids I guess, since they have never seen fireflies. But being constricted in the life jackets were not something that the children really enjoy. In fact, Johnny had his removed : )

The second day was really family bonding. We started with an early breakfast, followed by swimming at the hotel pool and then the beach! How could we not go to the beach when we were staying at a beach resort? Especially Ashton loved playing with sand. Its great that his new school Pats Schoolhouse has a sand pit. He would have many hours of fun there.


























We checked out at noon and drove to Jusco for lunch. Thought of buying some cheap diapers since we always see Singaporeans with truckloads of these. But Pat and I did some calculations..its cheaper but probably by 3cents per piece? Not that worth it to lug it back. So we decided not to buy.

It was smooth traffic back home to Singapore and we were glad to be home : )

No comments:

Post a Comment