Its Animals theme for the months of May and June! I have started a more 'systematic' approach to teaching the two kids and lined up 4 different themes starting from this month.
We kickstarted the theme with a fieldtrip to the Singapore Zoo. I know its not very creative but where else to find so many animals under 1 roof except for the zoo, especially we get to go in free and Ashton loves going to the zoo : )
I am really excited about the thematic approach to learning as it helps me to plan for the precious weekends given that I only have the two days with the kids as a very busy working mom. And every time management guru will tell you that the only way to make sure you achieve is to make sure you plan for it. So this is how the next couple of weeks will look like:
1) Jigsaw puzzles on Animals - can train up fine motor skills at the same time.
2) Coloring and painting Animals - for fine motor skills and creativity!
3) Various books on animals - for counting, big vs small animals, how animals breathe, different habitats of animals eg safari vs jungle, nusery rhymes with animals
4) Zoophonics
5) Food from animals - so that we can give thanks to our Almighty God for creating all these different species.
6) Biblestudy - Noah's Ark
Hopefully I stay disciplined and complete all these! Friends are welcomed to join us if you want : )


No comments:
Post a Comment