Since one of my fave habits is the pursuit of the best beauty product, I thought why not pen it down in my blog? Although this blog is named after my kids, i thought busy mummies may appreciate some real life reviews of beauty products rather than paid endorsement by so and so...
Ok, in my pursuit of great skincare, these are the brands that I have tried and it is important to note that when I try a brand, I buy the entire range so that I know if it is effective. Pricey if they are mistakes so one reason to write this in the blog is to remind myself too so that I do not make the same mistake twice : )
My skin condition:
Combi skin with relatively oily T-zone, yet dry on the inside due to exposure to aircon almost 20 hours daily.
Problems include large pores (literally big big problem!!), frown lines on forehead, some freckles on my cheek just beneath the eyes, lines on eyes, dark eye circles. So I am looking for a miracle product or range of products that can remove these problems. Tried some asethetic treatment at the docs but my skin is too sensitive and I have low threshold for pain, so I have written off that option for now.
1) Clinique - first skincare brand@ 14 years old- easy 123 steps beauty regime which doesn't suit me unfortunately, too drying even at a time when my skin was supposed to be at its peak of greasiness.
2) Lancome - nice smell, pretty good but ends there, doesn't do anything to improve whatever you are born with. But I really like the smell and perhaps the 'rose' on its packaging?
3) Estee Lauder - first time I tried @ 19 years old - cleanser for combi skin was great and really delivered. Too bad, my cleanser and toner were stolen from the common toilet in the Hall that I was staying in during uni. On an off, I tried EL again in my adult years.
4) Clarins - the brand that I used the longest - 8 years without changing. The first range that I tried was the range for combi skin, liked the green toner. Very gentle and smells nice and botanical. I also tried the entire whitening range including spending $200+ for a 3 weeks product for the ultimate whitening boost but unfortunately, I do not see much effect. Also had two terms of facial and massages at The institut Clarins. Massages are good, especially the one targeted for slimming. I am still using the Body Shaping Cream, one of the best slimming cream!
5) SKII - another brand that I used for a long time. 3 months before my wedding, I used the paper mask every night and the result? Crystal clear skin, poreless and makeup stays throughout on my wedding day. My makeup case is still full of SKII products now.
6) Chanel - Tried the whitening range, mediocre performance. Trying the serum targeted at aging and fine lines as I have frown lines on my forehead, hoping it would work, but doesn't seem that effective. And the serum is a little too rich on the rest of my face as it caused bumps on the sides.
7) Christian Dior - Tried the whitening range, can't remember if it was great, so I guess that's the result. One star product that I do not see on the shelf now is the face shaping gel. It was great, my face was defnitely sharper after 1 month of use.
8) Origins - so-so results although night-a-min cream does have this wonderful smell that is perfect for night!
9) Shiseido - Tried the whitening range after reading a review sponsored by this brand. Hmm, the result on my skin wasn't quite the same as the paid review, no transulent, dewy skin despite I was pretty conscientious when I was on this range.
10) Kose - Tried the whitening range. Not bad for a fairly reasonable priced brand. Best recommendation is the white mask which is actually a black peeloff mask. A tad messy but truly worth the effort. But my son is terrified each time I use this, so I have a little problem using this product.
11) Aesop - this Aussie brand is nice but I use limited products from them, from memory, the mask that I used was a little too drying for me.
12 Loreal, Neutrogena - In case, you think I am a snob, I do try drug-store brands too. I am convinced that some products can be just as good. So my approach whenever there is an economic downturn is to search for the equivalent product from a drug-store brand. In my next beauty posting, i shall write on the recommended products from some of these brands.


No comments:
Post a Comment