Ashley had her first taste of solid food on 4 July, Independence Day. Well, it had nothing to do with independence day. She was 6mths and 4 days old when she first tasted the cereal. And the reason for the slight delay?? Mummy has no time to
1) Buy her a set of nice Strawberry Shortcake bowl, spoon and fork
2) Make puree for her
And in case you think she had any or both of the above, you are wrong. Mummy still hasn't had time to do that. I think Ashley will definitely complain that I am not fair when she reads this blog in future. When it was Ashton's turn to had solid, everything were prepared in advanced waiting for THE DAY.
Ashley, it wasn't that Mummy is unfair, its just that with gor gor and you both requiring my attention plus the very very heavy workload, it is just not possible to balance all the needs. Yet, the perfectionist in me simply do not like the idea of feeding Ashley her first meal with gor gor's old bowl and spoon. Sigh, although that was exactly what happened.
Okie, that was the not so good part...but lets focus on the good ones. Ashley was pretty easy to feed. She gobbled almost everything that I fed her, although it was extremely messy as her reflex to push out the spoon was still there. But it got better as I fed. She was also fighting with me to gain control of the spoon...this is one spunky gal! I realised that I need to feed her real fast before she will 'complain'. Hopefully this stays, nothing is worse than chasing after a kid to feed a bowl of already cold porridge.


No comments:
Post a Comment