Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Educational Toys and Books for the children

Like most obedient Singaporeans, we took the advice of the teachers seriously. We were tired out by the activities yesterday but still made a point to go out to buy flashcards, educational toys and books for the children.

Ashton got 2 Eric Carle books, 1 Thomas & Friends activity book, 1 wooden numbers puzzle (1 to 10) and 1 set of alphabet cards from ELC. Ashley received 2 books (one on colours and the other on first words), 1 activity triangle toy and 1 sorting toy from ELC. My new mission is to read to Ashton every night before his bedtime.

In the next two months, I hope to get Ashton to be familiar with counting 1 to 10 (he can count 1 to 3, then get mixed up, followed by 7 to 10), he already knows the colours but I am not sure if he can recognize the words. For Ashley, I will start her on colours first.

Hopefully this mummy can last and I pray that God can give us the parents, the patience to teach and for the little ones, patience to listen and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment