Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ashton First Dental Visit

This is one of my many catch-up posts.

Ashton went for his first dental visit on March 6, 2010. I was really proud of my boy! Mummy believes a lot in preparation and had spent the last two months "rehearsing" how it would be liked at the dental clinic. I was a regular at my dentist at Mt E since I used to wear braces last time. I know how its like when you do not know what's gonna happen to you and then you start to hear all kinds of grinding sounds.

So Mummy prepared Ashton for the real thing by describing the environment, there would be a chair, something like the couch at our home and Ashton would lie on it. Above you, there would be a lamp, dun worry, it would not hurt your eyes as sunglasses would be provided. Then the dentist would need Ashton to open your mouth - say "Aarh" big and wide. The dentist would check the teeth for "dirt" and would help to clean it. There would be some sound like "grrhh" when the dentist cleaned the teeth. It would not be painful. Then you would rinsed your mouth and Done! Sparkling white teeth, no black black dirt!

Having gone through this 'ritual' countless times, Ashton was a brave little boy on his first visit. The dentist has a 7 yr old son herself and was able to relate to Ashton's love for Thomas trains. No fussing, no screaming, just an extremely good patient. Dentist commended him to be a good boy and then its Papa's turn! I thought Papa was more fearful than Ashton..haha : ) Again, it proved that training does help..hey have I forgot to add that Mummy is in HR??

No comments:

Post a Comment