Papa has a new hobby recently - tamiya remote control car. The fun part of this car is that you can literally change the entire look of the car by buying a chassis, the various parts, tyres etc. Its like mod on a real car except that its on a much smaller scale.
The other day, my colleague Michelle said she had recently taken up a new hobby. She has started art classes or to be more specific, painting. She failed art when she was in school but she wanted to find something that she could relate to and express herself outside of the usual work, children and family. And another friend Pat took up photography to have her own space, besides spending almost 99% of her time looking after her baby. Makes me wonder, what is my hobby?
I have spent the last 3.5 years going through 2 pregnancies, building up my career and now I have a job that I enjoys (although i do not like the hours) and two lovely children that I absolutely are so crazy of. Is it time that I start to think about myself?
As a person who likes to shop, the first stop will be peering into my wardrobe, out went all the preggy clothes, clothes that were more than 3 years old, clothes that I will never wear again because I will never be that size and so on. Well, I cheated a little here, there were some pieces that I could not wear but I am still keeping them, hoping that eventually I can lose some weight and fit into them ONE DAY.
Next is to start a new collection of clothes that fits me. I think I had enough of dowdy clothes, in case my GM says I look nerdy?? Well, he made that comment about a candidate recently. Makes me wonder what he said about me. Time to go shopping!
But besides all these, are there more to being ME? I have always struggled with the question "What is your hobby/interests?" Because, actually I think, I do not have one. There are things that I like to do, but I am not passionate about them. Is passion a feeling that one feels immediately when you find/see it or can it be developed over time? I guess I just need to be brave to try new things and who knows, that may become my hobby one day. Watch this space for updates!


No comments:
Post a Comment