Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jurong Bird Park

It was Ashton's first visit to the Jurong Bird Park yesterday. The reason why I decided to bring him to the park was because he has been saying "bird" whenever he sees one flying past our window. So I wanted him to see the many varieties and species of birds that God has created for us. It took us quite a while to get ready as Ashley and maid would have to go to inlaws place, so I had to pack her stuff, ebm, my breast pump and equipments, Ashton's stuff etc etc.


By the time we reached the birdpark it was almost 3.30pm. Initially, Ashton didn't seem to like it and was rather dull. It was also very hot and although I applied the mosquitoes repellant and sunblock on him, he was still being attacked by the merciless mosquitoes. In fact, I think he was bitten as I was spraying the repellant on him.

Our first stop was at the Penguin Expedition. The only penguins that Ashton has seen before this was the rubber duckie penguin and the penguins that appear in the advertisement for some hi calcium milk. It was pretty dark inside so I think he got a little scared when papa placed him them on the ledge to be closer to the penguins. He begged us to carry and clung on tightly. Its only when he saw the birds flying inside that he started to point and shout "bird".



There was a bird show at 4pm, so hubby decided that we should catch the birdshow. But maybe its the hot weather or maybe Ashton is not keen on bird show, he looked really dull and wanted to leave. I was thinking "Oh dear, hopefully, it would not be a wasted trip". I really hope Ashton will like the park.

Hubby and I decided to leave the bird show and walked outside. The moment we stepped out, Ashton became lively! He was getting excited and started to point and shout to us at the birds that he saw. The flamingos, swans, ducks and pelicans. Notice that all the pictures here have him pointing at something??





See how happy Ashton is? I will do anything to see him smile :)










Honestly, I hated birds. But for the sake of Ashton, I really do not mind the sun, the heat, the mosquitoes, as long as he is HAPPY! The only bird that I like is the very elegant swan. I even told Ashton that mummy's wedding gown was named The Swan by the designer Tan Yoong.









We ended our bird park trip with a ride on the panorail which
brought us through one round of the park. By this time, Ashton was hungry and wanted his favourite STARS! Ashton, we will bring you to see animals the next time okie?

No comments:

Post a Comment