Its the first post that I can manage in June as its a really busy month for me at work. We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary yesterday and while its not much of a celebration (we started the day at Ashton's school for PTM and then to GlenE to see PD before our trip to Australia next week, then its back home to pack stuff for their classes at GUG and finally dinner for the 4 of us after class.) While its not a romantic dinner for two of us, we will gladly trade it for what we have - a day where 4 of us spent together. Its really a blessing to have the two kids, nevermind there were times they were such a toil on our energy.
Both of them are at the age where they are developing their personalities and testing the boundaries and our patience. But I learnt that in all difficult moments, the thing to do is just to take a deep breath and *Smile*. When the children see the smile, most of the time, they will respond with smiles too. That makes everything easier.
Ashley is finally past the 9kg mark. She is now 9.4kg, on the 25th percentile for weight and 78cm, 50th percentile for height. Ashton is still about the same, nearly 50th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height. But Dr Ngiam said no need to worry, he is alright. Its hard to tell if he will be short as an adult. Ok, I hope so. While I will like him to be tall (tall guys tend to be more confident??), its more important for him to develop a good character. Ashton's teachers told me that for a boy, he is extremely willing to share his toys. This is very true of his personality at home too, probably this gene came from his papa as I remembered that I do not like to share as a child. I rather give the item away then to share. Ashley probably takes after me in this aspect.
We will be going to Goldcoast next week. I just took the luggage out to pack some of the essentials like diapers and milk powder. Thank God I do not need to bring diapers for Ashton, probably just a few pieces for night. Am looking forward to it although its our first trip overseas with two kids and without any help from maid or parents. I think we should be able to manage and if there are obstacles, just remember to breathe in and SMILE : )


No comments:
Post a Comment