Ashton has been sleeping on his own toddler bed in his room for the past few nights. This was much earlier then planned which is to move him and Ashley to the same room once Ashley turns one. We didn't switch on the aircon as the maid also sleep in the same room and he was having running nose and cough. He was sleeping well. Mil said since he is sleeping well, then we should continue with this arrangement so that he doesn't need to share our bed anymore. It was experienced talk from her as my youngest bil slept in the same room as them until he was 12yrs old. She didn't want Ashton to grow too attached to sleeping with us.
Unfortunately, I am very attached to sleeping with Ashton. Not having him close to me makes me feel a little lost. Sure, I am very glad to have the extra space, suddenly the king sized bed seems so big (especially when daddy was travelling). But there are two things that I do not like about him sleeping in his room.
1) Maid is sleeping in his room
Really do not like the idea of my son sleeping in the same room as the maid. Although he doesn't wake up in the night, I find the maid's alarm clock that goes off at 5.30am super irritating. And mind you, she doesn't wake up until the alarm goes on and on and on till 6.30am. But Ashton continues to sleep through. The maid can sleep in the maid's room/storeroom but this will mean Ashton sleeping alone, not sure if he is up to it.
2) Ashton can't wear his long sleeve PJ tops
What am I going to do with his GAP, ON, Thomas' long sleeve PJ tops since he definitely can't wear them without switching on aircon? I do not dare to switch on the aircon in case Ashton wakes up, finds himself alone in the room and get frightened (though the chances of this happening is really low).
I will continue to think about this...until I have the perfect solution.


No comments:
Post a Comment